Vietspices Search

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Spices of Life's First Charitable Delivery part 1 !


It's past midnight and I couldn't go back to sleep after reading text messages from the VSpice team in Vietnam. They've been working with me over the past few weeks to get transportation, package supplies and food supplies ready for delivery next week before Tết (Lunar New Year). We were able to get the support from Thu Hà Coffee company to help us with transportation and package supplies. Yay!



The man in the blue shirt whom they ran into while on their way back from the market is a handicapped person who walks miles on the streets in Saigon to sell lottery tickets for a living. They picked him up and took him to the shop, packaged one of each item and gave him the first gift from The Spices of Life (Hương Vị Cuộc Sống). It's really heartwarming to see his smile and the joy in his eyes.


Since I haven't accepted anyone's donation, we could only afford to buy 275 lbs white rice, 50 bottles of fish sauce, cooking oil, soy sauce, and boxes of instant noodle. Our plan is packaging them up and distributing them to the first 50 families. It costs no more than $10 per package but the impact is worth its weight in gold. It's only a meal to us but it's a month of food and supplies for them.



I would like to be able to reach out to the poor at least once a month. Quite few of you emailed or messaged me regarding where you can send the money to contribute to this wonderful life enriching mission. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't collected any fund from anyone as I wanted to wait for a legitimate account for donation but it might take a few months as I am still figuring out how I can start this charity properly.

As for now, if you would like to contribute to the fund for this mission, please keep in mind that your contribution will not be tax-deductible. 

Last night, I created a donate button which is displayed on the right panel of this site.  You may also send your contributions to the Bank of America by using this email address: 
thespicesoflife@yahoo.com.  If you would like to send a check, please email me.

Thanks everyone for reaching out.

my friend's kids started a fund for this charity by creating this savings jar 

No comments:

Post a Comment